Monday 14 March 2011

When you come around, I come undone

My early days in PKTR were quite horrid. People there, they talk, talk, and talk like tin kosonglaa. They just know how to talk really GOOD English but POOR ideas. That made simple things became too complicated. Me and Aina, we all just sat back and observed what was happening. Though sometimes we did have to interrupt so everything will run smoothly.


Copy and pasted from hanie's blog. Can you say ouch? :(


The truth hurts. That's just how it is. However, the naked truth is always better than a best dressed lie. I thank you so much Hanie, for this. 
I remember at camp, I was going around thinking, damn, setting myself apart from these people would be a walk in the park. Arrogance lar kan. But it never hit me that standing out is not always a good thing if it's for the wrong reasons. Thankfully, somehow, I woke up. It wasn't the nicest feeling at that time, but it was necessary.


It's human nature lar I guess. We tell the worst lies to ourselves to make ourselves feel better. We live in denial about what we do, and what we think. I tried to figure out, why oh why do we do this? And then it hit me. We do this because we are afraid. I know I was, and to a certain extent, I still am.


I'm afraid of my academic future. 
I'm afraid that I'll never be able to meet THE ONE. 
I'm afraid that I'll truly backslide in my walk with GOD.


Ok, commercial break first! I know that I haven't potrayed a very good impression of how a Christian should be. I know, I know, I know. But I'm working on it mmmmmkay. Please help me God, don't forsake me please.


Back on topic. So yeah, fear is a powerful word. But courage is also defined as being willing to be afraid, BUT act anyway. Thank you PKTR, and the people there. You helped me wake up.


But I can't leave on this note can I? Hanie wrote this in her blog as well. 


Day by day, I could see amazing changes in people........ Among the LOUDEST was Mirabel. She had improved a lot and proved that she is a very intelligent lady.


:)




When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them. And that something for me was PKTR.




I only hope you'd experience something that would change you for the better too. Amen :)

1 comment:

Hanie Hamdi said...

hey gurl,
whatever it was, it was past.
life is short. so, live it to the fullestestest!
ily <3