Wednesday 21 December 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but.....

I'm really really going to miss my whole career exposure experience at the Surgical Department of HQE 1&2.



The building where HQE 2 is located.

I roll at level 2,6 and 7. Had plenty of good experiences here, doing rounds which I sometimes just start at 6.30 a.m.but mostly around 7 a.m EVERY WEEKDAY. A lot of great experiences which I shall not put down because some of it is definitely getting into my personal statement, read: PERSONAL. Apparently, since UCAS has a very cool software which can detect plagiarisms among all PS, let's just say I have to keep this to myself :)

This is also where I get to see a few operations which were definitely coolness. 7 mastectomies seen (plus several other surgical procedures), whatchutalkinbout? :P The first time I saw it, I was mesmerized.

me mum
I saw someone's breast removed today.
OMG, you're not grossed out?
R u kidding me, it was awesomeness!
You did not just described such butchery as awesome.
Mum, it's to preserve life. It's not like I'm going to start cutting people up just because I think it's awesome okay? But it was lar.


BY THE WAY, THE OPERATING THEATER IS THE BOMB.
I loved every second of it. Hahaha, although at one point of a surgery, I ter-touched itu trolley with surgical  apparatus which is supposed to be sterile, WITH MA BARE HANDS. Which is so not sterile. I thought the doctors were going to kill me, cause I delayed the procedure. I also thought the staff nurse would be super pissed off, cause there's more for her to do. BUT THEY DIDN'T. The nurse just made sure everything's sterile again, and everything went back to being peachy.
By the way, male doctors in scrubs? HOTNESS. ;)

Anyways, ended the day by giving the dept head and the MO that I shadowed for chocs as a token of appreciation for letting me be a nuisance for 3 weeks. Good times, good times :) 7 years more before I become a doctor, God willing.



iwishihadmoreenthusiasmtowritelongernicerpost :(



xoxo
Mirabel

No comments: