Saturday 17 December 2011

Back from dead

     It's been forever since I've blogged about anything. To tell you the truth, I've been writing, and then deleting the words because I didn't really have the courage to put anything up. I sort of realized that people who might be reading my blog now (if any) are no longer my high school friends whom I've known for years, and I'm afraid I'll be judged for the contents of my blog. WHICH SOOOOOO DOES NOT REPRESENT ME ACCURATELY.

     But then again, I realized, why bother? I love this space, I love just writing what I feel like writing, just to get things off of my chest. Besides, it's one way to get my friends to know how I'm doing because frankly, I'm the worsT when it comes to keeping in touch. Thanks Ruggie AKA Ruggie for telling me to unprivatise and update my blog.


So what's new?

  • I'm the new Pre-Medical Club President
  • and Sexay-tary for the debate club :p
  • I've gathered up enough courage to play the guitar in front of people other than the Life Group members at home :)
  • Is spending the six weeks sem holiday wasting time AND going for work attachment in the surgical dept of QEH.
Everything's going terrible academically though. No studying yet. But I'm starting as soon as I finish this blog post. Because I have like 2 weeks left of studying and I didn't carry 26 kilos worth of books for nothing. Fined RM 30 kg for overweight baggage lagi tue.

And debate, oh my gosh debate. I'm not good, inexperienced, not widely read, easily scared, easily wavered. What in the world was I thinking when I signed up for it? Oh right, it's so that I can "improve" myself. RIGHT.

To add to that, I'm kinda sorta not sure if I'm up to the life of being a doctor. And to add fuel to fire, all the doctors are literally asking me to go be a dentist. Oh oh oh no, that's not the best part. 
EVEN A PHARMACIST SAID BEING A DENTIST IS SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

    Eeeeeyer, but NO! I've decided to stick to my career plan of being a doctor. I'm going to go UK, and I'm going to go to a medical school there. 

Is it going to be hard? ABSOLUTELY. 
But then again, nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
Who knows, 7 years from now, I'll have people call me Dr. Mirabel. 


And this thought is what keeps me going these days.


:)












Mirabel

No comments: