Tuesday 21 June 2011

Nunnism

     In an effort to appear more charitable and also to give the perception that I do indeed have a soul, I have signed up as a tuition teacher/ motivational speaker (?????!!!!!!!!!!!!) at SMK Datuk Paduka Mat Salleh, Ranau. RANAU!

...............................To this day, the length at which I'd go to get out of my comfort zone continues to baffle me. 

     You wanna know something more shocking? Imma stay with a bunch of nuns while I'm there. Gosh, nuns. In a convent. A nunnery. Gah! So, when I'm not teaching a bunch of a year-younger kids, I would..... PRAY? Hmmmmm, not exactly how I imagine I'd waste spend my holidays.

     And what do nuns do for fun anyway?


Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

     On a more serious note, I have to admit that I'm scared shitless. I mean, here I am presented with the opportunity to give a talk that would hopefully be life-changing for these kids,and I don't know if I can deliver exactly that. What if I have nothing new to tell them? What if in their mind, what I say has no relevance to them at all? What if I make things worse for them by giving them false hope? What if I can't even give them hope? 

     Will I disappoint the teachers who's class will be taken over by me doing God knows what? Yes, I don't really have a clue about what I'm going to do with the kids.

  I DON'T FREAKING KNOW!

I'm reminded of my time teaching the small kids at SRK Pulau Tuba under PKTR. I don't know if I did a good job. But even then, I had the support of my Karipap team members to help teach the kids. But now, I'm doing it ALONE. No mum, no friends, no peers, no one. 



Except maybe the nuns. Pfffffffffft.


      After spending hours surfing the Net/ prepping worksheets/ watching videos/psyching myself up for the tuition-giving/speaking engagement at this Ranau school, I hereby declare that I have a new sense of respect towards the teaching job. It takes alot to be an awesome teacher. I KNOW NOW.


     Alas, wish me the best, the thingy majingy is two days from now. Hopefully I'll update with some good news :D


      

No comments: