Saturday 13 March 2010

Lend me one more chance, we can still have it all

Bakat Convent's a wrap!!!! Stressful pun stressful juga lar, but it was good, very good.... I love your performance Bev, must go Bakat Interact this year k, can redeem ourselves from last year that! MC-ing duty with Vusak was a blast, it reminds me why I love talking to a crowd so much, The reaction you received is priceless, and the adrenaline rush gets to you.

And to all the participants who are so anxious about the results, you guys did your best and you really entertained the school so you should be happy about that, regardless of the results later :)

Speaking of results, this week has been a really eventful week for our seniors, no? Actually right, some of us were assigned by teacher Saw to key in all the student's SPM result so we had the "front row seats" to see the results. I have to say that although this year we were not so good, but we have done our best.

God that sounds fake. I dunno what else to say though, my time is coming soon, so maybe I'll take back these words then. SPM IS IN 7 MONTHS!!!! Decision Day (D-Day)? Approximately a year from now. I'm honestly scared. The 5A in UPSR, 7A in PMR and no. 1 in Form 4 means nothing now. To think that I was celebrating my heart out when I got those results, haizzz....

And during Literature, teacher Sim told us this story. There's this one mum who came to take her son's results and when she saw it, she broke down in tears. You see, he was diagnosed with cancer about two years ago and by the time SPM came around, it was terminal. He sat for 9 papers, and he wanted to push for a 10, which was Chinese, but he couldn't, because he was already broken down by the disease. He died a few days later.

And btw, his results? 9 A's! He could have gotten 10 A's. It was the fighting spirit he showed that got to me. As students, we have a responsibility, and that is to be the best that we can be and show our parents the money, time and energy spent on us for an education is worth it and I see a lot of people taking things for granted, me included.

Now, I want this more than anything, and I'm gonna prove that I will fulfill my responsibility. Straight A+, I'm coming to get you!

P/S: I hate when people judge a person based on which school they go to. Stereotype is prejudice, and prejudice is not COOL!

No comments: