Saturday 6 February 2010

If I had a penny for every time I wrote 4ST instead of 5ST.....

It's official, all teachers are targeting me! You guys think so nice kah to call out my name every time in class. I know lar bah I'm the only one who is daring enough to stand up to you, mock you and be frank with you, but still... I'm kinda asking for it though I gotta admit that. Then again, I just can't stand being around the stupidity that teachers create. BLAME IT ON MY PARENTS!

You see, my mum went to high school(well, a year only, but still) and university in Canada, and dad was uni-educated in London, so they always encourage me to speak my mind. I'm sorry if it bothers some teachers here, but I'm glad I'm not molded to be according to some Asian "sensibilities" that in class, all I can do is sit, listen, shut up and absorb any information that the teachers spoon-feeds. HARSH, yes, but true nevertheless.

Oh whatever, a few years to go and I will finally express my thoughts without the fear of being expelled or something ugly like that.

I'm so glad my parent's are weird but awesome in their own way though, even though I complain like a female dog on steroids. I MEAN... Dad just bought a Pearl (IT'S A BRAND) drum set, a Yamaha keyboard and an Ibanez bass guitar out of the blue. But get this, none of us siblings know how to play ANY musical instruments.

But nooooo, now he thinks he can cram lessons into our poor heads and god willing, be able to play all of it ASAP. Oh daddy, hmmmm... We just had a guy come over and teach us the drums but I quit halfway. BORING!!!!!! I know I sound like an ungrateful child but the thing is, I AM AN UNGRATEFUL CHILD, when it comes to learning music at least.

Well hey, at least my parents can be cool when they try.
________________________________________
Me Mum

Try you check the flight to Singapore. Cheap kan.
*see the price*It's fine
You wanna go this June holiday? Got the big sale you know.
Yeah yeah sure mummy. *as if it would happen*
Help book the flight. You big girl already kan, take my credit card.
Wait, are you serious?!
Yeah lar, just the two of us go. Biar your daddy yang jaga tu budak lain. Both of us deserve a break.
F, you are serious!
When there's a credit card involve, I'm always serious.
You didn't take too many "happy" pills now did you?!
You ni kan, don't go lar if like that.
Okay okay, I wana go!
Then stop talking.
For once, I'll listen to you :)
_________________________________________
Yup, within the span of 35 minutes, my mum decided that we are going to Singapore. My mum's crazy, and I love her for it.

No comments: